With 2015 right around the corner, many people find December to be the ideal time to review their finances and retirement planning and make adjustments for the coming year. Financial professionals suggest that the end of the year is the right time for steps including:
- Reviewing your emergency savings fund and cash flow planning for the upcoming year;
- Rebalancing your investment accounts to make sure you’re meeting your financial goals; and
- Making sure that you’ve funded your retirement accounts as planned for in 2014 and set goals for 2015. The IRS has adjusted the contribution limits for 401(k) and other retirement plans in 2015 – be sure to review the new limits and set your goals accordingly.
As you think about balancing your financial retirement portfolio, one tool to be sure to consider is a fixed indexed annuity (FIA), a financial product offered by life insurance companies. The advantages of FIAs include:
- Peace of mind with a guarantee: Indexed annuities offer a guaranteed rate of return, along with the potential for additional interest credited based on an external index. Once interest is credited, it will compound annually and can never be lost.
- Protection for your nest egg: Your premium and credited interest can never be lost due to index volatility. Your indexed annuity is a contract backed by the financial strength of the insurance company.
- Tax-deferred growth: Like 401(k)s and traditional IRAs, FIAs offer tax deferral on your earnings. However, unlike 401(k)s and traditional IRAs, there is no government cap on contributions, allowing you to save more while enjoying tax-deferred growth potential.
Visit FIAinsights.org for more information about FIAs and consult with your financial professional to determine if a fixed indexed annuity is right for you.